Laser Dentistry in Melbourne
Chances are that you or a family member may be considering laser dental treatment. Because Dr. Trantham is interested in keeping up with the latest trends in treatment and minimizing discomfort, laser dentistry may be right for you.
What is Laser Dentistry?
A laser is a high-technology device that generates a beam of concentrated light. This beam of light brings energy into your mouth to help your dentist remove areas of infection or tooth decay with great precision and accuracy. The laser beam sterilizes the affected area and seals off blood vessels, which minimizes the chance of infection or bleeding. Laser dental patients are much more comfortable both during and after treatment. That’s because, in many instances, the need for anesthetic injections is reduced and in some instances eliminated, as well as the associated side effects. And that means less time spent in the dental chair!
Laser dentistry is a new technology that helps us treat you with a high degree of precision and accuracy. Helping you keep your smile for a lifetime is our primary goal.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Here are some of the major benefits associated with laser dentistry:
- Procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers may not require sutures (stitches).
- Certain laser dentistry procedures do not require anesthesia.
- Laser dentistry minimizes bleeding because the high-energy light beam aids in the clotting (coagulation) of exposed blood vessels, thus inhibiting blood loss.
- Bacterial infections are minimized because the high-energy beam sterilizes the area being worked on.
- Damage to surrounding tissue is minimized.
- Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated.