Whether you have chipped, crooked, gapped, misaligned or stained teeth, porcelain veneers in Melbourne provide a simple yet highly-impactful remedy. What’s the secret to the success of the procedure, though, and what benefits await you? A local cosmetic dentist has the expert answers you’re looking for!
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are custom-designed ceramic shells that mask most smile flaws in your front-facing teeth. The process of having them placed begins with a thin layer of enamel being removed to make room for the veneers.
Then, bite impressions are taken and sent to an in-network lab that will create the veneers. So your teeth will be protected while you wait on the fabrication of your final fixtures, you’ll be fitted with a temporary set of veneers.
The final step is to have the permanent veneers placed once they arrive at your cosmetic dentist’s office.
What Makes Porcelain Veneers So Effective?
Here are some of the benefits of using porcelain to fabricate the veneers:
- Stain Resistance – Unlike tooth enamel, porcelain veneers don’t have pores, which contributes to them being highly-resistant to staining.
- Durability – Additionally, veneers offer longevity because of their durable construction from high-grade ceramics.
- Aesthetics – Before any work begins, you’ll have a chance to select the shade of veneer that best matches the appearance of your other teeth.
Tips for Living with Porcelain Veneers
To experience the maximum benefits of wearing porcelain veneers, it’s important to follow these guidelines.
- No Hard Foods – Avoid eating nuts or other hard foods that could possibly dislodge your veneers.
- No Whitening – Don’t attempt to whiten the veneers, as it can leave them looking dull and worn.
- No Tools – Avoid using your teeth to open packages. Otherwise, it can cause damage to your veneers.
In addition to avoiding the above-listed activities, you should also be sure to practice excellent oral hygiene. Each session should include at least two minutes of brushing followed by the usage of dental floss.
This is key for the longevity of your veneers, as it helps to keep the gums and teeth that lay underneath healthy and strong.
Are You a Good Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
The best way to determine your eligibility for veneers is to visit your dentist in Melbourne for a consultation. While you’re there, the professional will thoroughly assess your teeth to make sure you receive the absolute best care possible.
So if you’re ready to have your smile revamped and to feel your confidence sky-rocket with porcelain veneers, reach out to schedule your first appointment today!
About the Author
For over 25 years, Dr. Ronald E. Richardson has been providing top-notch dental care. Still, the West Virginia University graduate remains passionate about helping his patients experience the thrill of achieving their dream smile. To expand his knowledge and further hone his skills, Dr. Richardson has taken countless hours of continuing education, which includes receiving advanced training from the LSU Cosmetic Continuum and the PAC-Live cosmetic courses. He boosts patients’ confidence by placing porcelain veneers at Creating Beautiful Smiles, and he can be reached for more information through his website.